Does It Cost Anything To List Equipment For Sale On EquipmentList.com?
No, EquipmentList.com is a Free Classifieds Site and posting Equipment Listings is free.
How Do I Register?
Go to: http://equipmentlist.com/register/ or select the “Register” button on the top right.
Once you register you can list your equipment for sale.
I Can’t Upload My Images, Help!
1) Be sure your images are a jpg or jpeg format as other formats may not be supported
2) Be sure to re-size your images to under 500kb each for best speed and performance and try uploading again
How Do I Re-Size My Images? I Don’t Have a Program To Do That.
You can reduce the size of your images with Free Online Image Tools such as Picresize.com and Anymaking.com. Picresize.com has a “Resize Bulk Photos” tool that can Batch Resize multiple photos at once. You can find the “Resize Bulk Photos” tool HERE.
1) To Re-Size multiple Photos, click “Ad Multiple Files” and select the images you want to re-size.
2) Then click “upload”.
3) Choose the size reduction of 50% or even 75% if your images are large.
4) And finally click “Batch Resize!”.
5) Once finished you should see an option to “Download Zip File of Your Resized Pics”.
That’s it, Done! Be sure to reduce images to under 500kb each for best performance.
Repeat the process if the images are still large.
EquipmentList.com is not associated with Picresize.com or
Anymaking.com. Picresize.com and Anymaking.com are just some of the free online resource tools for editing and re-sizing images. Use them at your own discretion.
How Do I Upload Images After I Posted an Ad? I Posted an Ad Without Images.
Ads with images get a much higher percentage of attention and are more
likely to attract the buyers. Uploading additional images is super easy.
1) Just click “Login” at the top right corner of the EquipmentList.com website,
2) After Logging in, click “My Dashbord”, also located at the top right corner.
3) Once in your Dashboard, simply click on the small pencil next to your ad to edit it,
4) Scroll down to the bottom and you will see where you can upload images,
be sure to re-size your images to under 500kb each for best performance.
5) After uploading all the images just hit save changes.
How Do I Contact The Seller? Do I Need To Register?
No, you do not need to register to contact the seller. Simply look through that ad
to see if the seller left a contact email or phone number. If not, simply fill out the
“Contact Seller by Email” located to the right of the ad, fill in your name, email address,
and a short message and hit Send Inquiry.
Be sure to double check your email address for accuracy because the seller will not be able
to contact you if your email is wrong.
Avoid Online Scams When Buying or Selling Online! Scammers are posting ads in numerous classified websites including Craigslist, eBay Classifieds (Kijiji), EquipmentList, and other networks. How to spot these scams?
1) If It sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Scammers will often offer amazing deals on items for sale. Do not Fall for it.
2) Scammer wants you to pay them using Amazon Quick Pay, PayPal, Wire, Money Order, Money Gram, or other payment services. They will send you fake emails that look like legitimate request for payment from Amazon, Paypal, etc… However, These legitimate looking emails will be fake. DO NOT send money for the item prior to inspecting it. The item could be stolen, or even more likely, scammer does not even have it. You will never see your money nor the item you paid for.
3) The Seller claims he/she is in the military or has traveled out of the country and unable to personally deliver the Vehicle. They promise to arrange for transportation and delivery as soon as the payment is made. Do Not Send Payment, you will never see the seller, your money, nor the vehicle you paid for.
4) If you are a seller, Do Not accept Amazon Quick Pay, PayPal, Wire, Money Order, Money Gram, Checks of any kind, or other payment services. Thy could be fake. Even Certified Bank Check could possibly be fake. Its best to go to the bank with the buyer and have them withdraw cash or obtain a certified bank check right there in front of you.
To Avoid Scams Follow These Tips:
1) Never send payment before seeing the equipment in person
2) Always inspect the equipment and documents like the VIN# or S/N in person before purchasing
3) Call the DMV and Police department to make sure the vehicle is not reported stolen
4) Conduct the transaction in person, – Never Pay Online via Amazon Quick Pay, PayPal, etc..
5) If you see a possible scam listing on EquipmentList.com, Please use the “Contact Us” button and report the URL of the classified Ad.
6) If you have been a victim of an Online Scam, Report it immediately to IC3, (https://www.ic3.gov). IC3 is a Internet Crime Complaint Center. A partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).